Choice of Shanghai Interpreters
You could find in LifeInShanghai a complete range of interpreting services in Shanghai and throughout China to meet your needs.
Whether you need a conference interpreted simultaneously or a business meeting interpreted consecutively, LifeInShanghai have the right interpreter for your interpreting needs in China.
Different Types of Situations
Interpreting (also referred to as interpretation, spoken translation or oral translation) can be conducted in a number of different ways, to suit different types of situations.
- Behind-the-scenes, real-time interpreting for conferences, large meetings and high-level official talks.
- There are always at least two interpreters who cover alternate 20-minute sessions to avoid stress.
- They sit in soundproof booths listening to the speech whilst delegates listen to their chosen language through their own receivers.
- This type of interpreting is particularly useful for big-scale conferences, where a sizable portion of the audience will not understand the source language. Quite often, more than one language pair is required.
|Whispered Simultaneous Interpreting
(also known as Chuchotage)
- In-audience real-time interpreting for an individual or small group of people who require interpreting into their mother language.
- Done at a whisper, with the interpreter sitting amongst the target audience.
- Chuchotage can be used when the target audience, who do not understand the source language, is small (fewer than 4).
- Small and medium-sized group interpreting.
- The interpreter stands with the speaker and translates either a whole sentence at a time, from their notes, or more manageable portions (often called “chunking”).
- Usually the interpreter listens and takes notes while the speaker talks and then delivers the interpretation while the speaker is silent.
- This is commonly used in business meetings, negotiations, and press conferences.
- a three- (or more-) way telephone conversation, with interpreters translating a sentence or two at a time.
- Telephone interpreting is particularly appropriate when it is not possible for the the client and the interpreter to be in the same location.
- Suitable for less formal meetings between a small number of people, or perhaps as an escort for someone visiting a country whose language they do not speak.
- It is also useful for when the interpreter is working as a kind of chaperone, such as for example for a visit to a foreign country.
- LifeInShanghai will select the right interpreter for you according to your specific needs.
- LifeInShanghai will balance your interpretation situation and budget .
- Interpreters could be native Chinese or expats living in Shanghai.
Interpreters could be bilingual or tri-lingual, some can speak various dialects in China, which is very helpful in some cases.
You can find most popular languages and some rare too.
- Mandarin Chinese,
On-site Service and Equipment Rent
You can request for on-site coordination and rent simultaneous interpretation equipment, including soundproof interpreter booths, conference discussion systems, and all related sound and audio components.
Ask for a Quote
Simply fill the form below to let us know your requirements, we will get back to you with a customized solution.